Twitter is a melting pot of chaos and wonders in Japanese communities too.
I’ve collected some of Japan’s freaky/shocking/WTF moments captured and found on Twitter to share with you!
1) Used Color Contact Lens Should not Be Left There
This is a nightmare.
2) Super Scary Apartment Spotted in Kyobashi, Osaka
3) A Woman Got Her Leg Caught Between A Train and A Platform, People Gather to Help Tilt the Train to Rescue
(This just happened yesterday at JR Minami Urawa Station, Saitama.)
4) J-POP Idol Shoko Nakagawa’s New Hair-Do: Cicada Cast-off Shells
She dressed up covered with cicada shells for a summer music festival, “Mezamashi Live” on July 20th. She threw some of the shells during the concert, but the wind was so strong they got blown away in pieces!
5) Dried Stingray Is the Freakiest Dried Food Ever
Supposedly dried stingrays taste really good…but I can’t get over the looks!
6) Using a Mac in Starbucks
And the person in the back is also using a Mac!
7) Rilakkuma Punished to Set an Example for What Would Happen to Shoplifters
8) Taking a Pet for a Walk
I have a theory that most WTF moments in Japan happen in train stations.
9) Giant Tomato Takes a Train
I told ya!
The tomato man was also spotted hanging out with a bun and a piece of lettuce.
10) A Perfectly Comfortable Spot for an Onigiri (Rice Ball)
11) A Roomba Lost in Kanda Street
It reminds me of Pixar’s film WALL-E. Looks so lonely! I hope the owner finds the poor lost Roomba.
12) “Due to a System Error, ‘Hot Dog Combo’ is Currently Being Printed as ‘Crawfish’ on Receipts. We Sincerely Apologize.”
Why does it even happen!?
13) Cat Mesmerized by Ghibli’s “The Cat Returns”
Soooo cute! By the way, here’s a trivia for “The Cat Returns.”
Look at this scene.
The school lockers are labeled with “Anno” and “Sadamoto,” the director and the character designer of Neon Genesis Evangelion, respectively. Anno also voiced as a seiyuu in Miyazaki’s latest film “Kazetachinu.”
14) ‘Babe Caught Me Sleepin’ Meme in Japan
There are tons of existing Bae Caught Me Slippin parody photos out there in the West, but this one makes me laugh even more because of those K-ON! slippers in the background, and the fact that a pretty girl like her is willing to do a joke like this!
15) A Hachi Cat at Shibuya Hachi Statue
At Shibuya Station, there’s a famous statue made in memory of Hachi, the faithful dog known to wait for his master everyday at this station after the owner had past away. There, sometimes you find a cat sitting in front of the statue. Cats appear in different costumes every time, so I don’t think it’s waiting for the owner, but nevertheless it’s an odd combination of a cat and a dog!
Anomaly is normalcy in Japan! Enjoy and embrace all the weirdness if you ever visit the country ^_^