Every prefecture/tourist destinations in Japan have their own local Gotochi Hello Kitty merchandises sold exclusively in the areas. They are cute and serve as perfect souvenirs for friends and families when visiting other prefectures (Some big cities in US have their Gotochi Kitty too!).
There are more than 1,500 kinds of Gotochi Hello Kitty out there. Among them, which Hello Kitty did best in sales in year 2012?
Let’s find out below!
10. Mount Fuji Fuji-chan Hello Kitty (Yamanashi Pref. exclusive)
9. Fukushima Yae Hello Kitty (Fukushima Pref. exclusive)
7. Jinbee Zame Hello Kitty (Okinawa Pref. exclusive)
6. Leopard Hello Kitty (Osaka Pref. Exclusive)
5. Hakata Mentaiko Twin Seated Kitty (Fukuoka Pref. exclusive)
4. Nagoya Shachihoko Laying Kitty (Aichi Pref. exclusive)
And the most popular local Hello Kitty of 2012 was… (drum roll!)
1. KumaMon Hello Kitty! (Kumamoto Pref. exclusive)
What’s your favorite Hello Kitty?
Did you find the ones you like and places you want to visit?
Ranking source: Goo